Monday, January 24, 2011

The Best Bloke That I Know


He's the best bloke that I know, he's honest and he's fair,
He's got the type of qualities that now seem pretty rare,
He taught me right from wrong, taught me how to give and share,
Now the only thing that's changed him is the colour of his hair.

I've known him all my life, he's watched me as I grew
And it's no secret round the traps that we've often had a blue
But I've sometimes done it tough and he's always helped me through,
I think the man's a champion and I reckon you would too.

Yet there's nothing in the record books to tell you what he's done,
He never shore two hundred and he never made a ton
But he did his share of shearing and he made his share of runs,
The bloke knows how to work and knows how to have some fun.

And while his passion for the horses hasn't done much for his wealth,
The man is rich on living and just glad he's got his health,
He never would complain while there's tucker on the shelf,
He'd give you what he's got and go without himself.

Now his hair is snowy grey and his face is leather-tanned,
He is isn't rich, isn't famous but he does the best he can,
You'll probably never meet him but it's not hard to understand
That the best bloke that I know is Kevin Hartin, my old man.

No comments:

Post a Comment